Skaters agree to:
- Maintain control over their skating speed throughout the session;
- Skate at a speed which takes into account the condition of the ice and number of other skaters on the ice;
- Read and follow all safety signs and warnings;
- Follow any directions given by ice staff and attraction staff;
- Be aware of and avoid other skaters and objects on the ice;
- Be aware of the level of their ability on the ice and to skate within that ability;
- Skate in a manner which is appropriate to the number of skaters and conditions of the ice;
- Not participate or attempt to participate in skating when under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other substances which may affect their ability to skate or control their skating;
- Exit the ice in a timely manner at the end of the session or when directed to leave by staff;
- Not attempt to access the ice when ice maintenance is in progress; and
- Not take food, drink or chewing gum onto the ice or attempt to eat, drink or chew gum while on the ice.
Spectators agree to:
- Conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and not engage in any verbal or physical abuse or disorderly conduct towards any staff, other spectators or skaters;
- Ensure their behaviour does not increase the risk of injury to themselves or others;
- Ensure the handrail around the ice is clear for skaters to use; and
- Not climb on or over the barrier around the ice rink or sit on it.
Do’s and Don’ts on the ice
- Do wear suitable attire for skating at an outdoor facility.
- Do put your skates on in the skate exchange area using the seating provided.
- Do ensure your skates are sized and fitted correctly before entering the ice area.
- Do remove or tuck in any lose items – scarves, lanyards etc. before entering the ice area.
- Do make sure you have left any bags / shopping with a non-skater off the ice or in the provided cloakroom.
- Do keep away from the ice area when any resurfacing or maintenance is taking place.
- Do skate in an anti-clockwise direction.*
- Do keep noise to an acceptable level (i.e. no screaming or shouting).
- Do report any incidents or accidents to a member of staff immediately.
- Do put litter in the bins provided.
- Do always listen to and obey the staff’s instructions.
*Be Aware: The ice walk operates a one-way, anticlockwise flow. In the event of an incident or change in the ice conditions you may be asked to skate in a clockwise flow. Please listen to the directions as instructed and ensure that you follow the flow as directed.
Please Do Not:
- Do not smoke or vape anywhere within skate exchange or on the ice.
- Do not go on the ice without wearing correctly fitted skates or ice grips.
- Do not wear hoodies / coats with the hood up.
- Do not take bags, phones, tablets, media players, headphones or cameras onto the ice.
- Do not use mobile devices or headphones whilst on the ice.
- Do not skate whilst under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
- Do not eat, chew or drink whilst on the ice.
- Do not play tag, touch or any other games whilst on the ice.
- Do not perform any tricks or stunts while on the ice.
- Do not speed skate or skate too close to the customer in front of you.
- Do not sit or climb on the barrier / handrail around the ice.
- Do not skate across the middle of the ice, or against the flow of other skaters.
- Do not skate in chains or groups.
- Do not have a group of more than 3 persons holding hands.
- Do not intentionally damage, chip, throw or spray the ice.
- Do not carry children and or infants whilst on the ice.
- Do not skate backwards.
- Do not stand still or gather in groups whilst on the ice.